7. Procedure For Use
The Sarepta Baptist Association Block Party Trailer is available to associational organizations and churches at a deposit of $150.00 The reservation of the trailer will not be complete until the deposit AND this application are both received. Upon the return of the BP Trailer and approval of the inventory list $50.00 of your deposit will be returned to you within the next month. The remaining $100.00 will be placed into the Block Party Trailer Budget to be used for the upkeep of the equipment. PLEASE NOTE: The Block Party Trailer will be used many times throughout the year. The games and the bouncy will not last forever nor will the trailer. Therefore, if your budget would allow, we ask that you consider giving an additional donation to assist us with replacement costs of this equipment. These monies will be used only to keep the Block Party Trailer up to par for your future use.
- Requests for use of the trailer should be made through the Associational Ministry Assistant at least two weeks in advance of the event.
- The person making the request to reserve the trailer will be advised:
- Groups are responsible for transporting the trailer to the location of the event.
- Groups using the trailer are responsible for returning the trailer to Sarepta Baptist Association storage building the day agreed upon above.
- If the use of the trailer is scheduled for a time when the Associational office is not open, the person responsible for reserving the use of the trailer will need to make arrangements for a time to pick up the trailer.
- The group using the Block Party Trailer is asked to appoint one person to be responsible for both unloading and reloading the items in the trailer. This person should pay close attention, when unloading, as to how each item is placed so that he/she can make sure everything is put back in order. This insures that during travel the items remain in place.
- The best ways to secure the Block Party Trailer are:
- Park it so that the back door is one foot or less to the building.
- Park it under a light in the parking lot with the Block Party Trailer’s back door up against the light pole.
- Park your van or car at the back of the Block Party Trailer.
- Pick up the Block Party Trailer from the Sarepta Baptist Association on the morning of your event (unless it is on the weekend).
- Take the Block Party Trailer to your home and park it with the back door facing away from the street.
Use of any of these methods will ensure the safety of the Block Party Trailer and all items.